Program TopicsYLB

The Youth Leadership Bartlett Program is intended to teach incoming sophomores and juniors the skills they need to become successful leaders today, & for future generations. Group Shot

Students enrolled in the program will learn a variety of skills, including:

• Team Building and Goal Setting

Positive involvement in the Community

Personal Responsibility in Society

Better Decision Making

How to play a leadership role within the community

Team Building and Ropes Course

Ropes Course This required session teaches team building and while students experiment with various leadership styles.

Local Government & Community Participation

Nashville Group

This session promotes an understanding of the role of local government, teaches community participation and awareness, and encourages school leadership activities.

Special activities include dining with the Mayor and Board of Aldermen which will be closed by attending a Board of Alderman meeting. This session will be held at City Hall.

Public and Civil Safety

Bartlett Police Station During this session, students will get a tour of the Police and Fire Departments to demonstrate the complexities of protecting our city.The trip will begin at the Bartlett Police Station and end at the Fire Station.

Career Opportunity / Job Shadow

Each student will have the opportunity to shadow someone in their career field of interest.

Leadership Development

In this session, students will be able to assist and attend the Veteran’s Day Ceremony at Veterans’ Memorial Park. After the ceremony, students will proceed to a variety of other sessions.

Personal & Financial Responsibility

During this session, students are taught how to take responsibility for personal actions, manage their money and credit cards, as well as how to put together a resume and interview for employment.

Service Hours

In addition to attending educational and leadership training sessions, students must complete 10 hours of community service.

Peer Mediation

Students learn and practice problem solving while becoming a decision maker. Students will also identify and examine their personality traits in order to be better leaders and team players. This session will be held at the Bartlett Municipal Center.

Economic Development

Students will become familiar with the career opportunities available in their community during this session of the program. Students will also witness first-hand the importance of having strong leadership skills.

State Government

State Government Where better to learn about the role of state government than in the state capital! During an overnight trip to Nashville, students will learn about how state government works as well as learn how to become a positive leader.

Staying Healthy

St. Francis Bartlett During a trip to St. Francis Hospital in Bartlett, students will learn about the advantages of living a well-balanced life through nutrition as well as physical & mental fitness.

I have enjoyed my time being in Youth Leadership Bartlett. It has been a great experience for me. Not only have I learned how to be a better leader, but I gained relationships that will last for a lifetime and enhanced previous relationships that will last just as long.”

– Haley P .

Membership

Tourism & Lodging

Community

Social

Economic Development

News

Events

Contact Us

Bartlett Area Chamber of Commerce

Advancing the long-term prosperity of Bartlett and Northeast Shelby County by sustaining and growing its business community.

Privacy Statement | Terms of Service
©2016 Bartlett Area Chamber - All Rights Reserved