This six-month program kick starts with an overnight orientation and retreat to the St. Columba Conference Center where class members have a chance to become acquainted. Every year the class is challenged with a variety of group activities.
Following the retreat, participants meet to explore behind-the-scenes leadership and operations of Bartlett and Shelby County and will also spend two days in Nashville visiting State Government. A wide range of issues are covered in each of these sessions with a focus on what it takes to be a leader in business or in the community. A sampling of topics include: inner workings of city government, structure of health and an overview of the State Legislature process. Each session is specifically designed to stimulate and educate participants.
• City Government Leadership
• County Government Leadership
• State Government in Action
• Media’s Impact on the Business Community
• Why the Arts Require Leaders
• Local Trends in Education & Workforce Development
• Challenges in Leadership Course
• Chamber of Commerce – the Voice of the Private Sector
• Fundamentals of Economic Development
• Industry Tours
• Issues Behind the Health Care Debate
• Local Infrastructure & Resiliency
Leadership Bartlett was one of the most informative, interesting, and professional experiences I have had in the business community. The class offers business professionals the opportunity to learn priceless amounts of information about our community at the local and state level and provides a great forum for developing business and personal relationships with our peers.”
– Darrin Brady, Kele Inc.